Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Meeting with the moms

As you already know I have taken in a couple of private students. It has been going well and the students seem to be progressing. I thought all was going well until yesterday. The moms called a meeting with me. They took me to a restaurant just outside of town. Now before I start telling you about the meeting I will tell you about the restaurant.

I was sitting in the front seat of one of the cars. We pull into the bottom of a hill. I am looking around and all I see is a couple of houses and many trees. We start pulling up a little further. I see this huge Buddhist statue next to a beautiful traditional Korean house. I also see lanterns hung from many places. As we pulled into the parking lot, I turn to see the view, it was nothing short of breathtaking. Green grass that rolled into a couple patches of farm land and after the farm land was the Buddhist temple. surrounding us was mountain. This night also provided fog. The fog wasn't too thick nor was it thin. The fog was rolling over the mountains just enough to make a great scene. I have been here in Korea for almost 4 months now, this was possibly one of the more beautiful sights I had seen. I was just annoyed because I did not have my camera. I usually do bring my camera with me everywhere, but it had been out of batteries so I left it home charging.

So the meeting. The moms just wanted to know how I felt about changing up the groups. They wanted me to teach them in 3 groups rather then 2. I told them what I thought about that. In short, I told them the big groups work better because it's a better support group for all the kids. After a healthy debate with each other, they agreed to what I was saying. They no longer wanted to split them up.


*side note*

The food at the restaurant was really good as well. They served some of the best soup I had in a very long while.



___


The End


Always be prepared. -Boy scouts


-Cezar-
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment