Friday, June 19, 2009

right on the beach

Sorry for the late post, I got busy on Friday. I spent the day on the beach. Friday was especially hot. I was in the classrooms pouring sweat. All I could wish for and hope for was the beach. Once classes were out, I ended up picking a couple things up from the market. When I got back to my room I changed and went to the beach. I spent about one and a half hours in the water. It was amazing. The water was clear, a little bit salty, but great. After I got out of the water I headed out to my room. I washed up and my skin never felt so good. Being in the water and afterwards was just a relief from the day and from the heat.

Oh, when I went to the market. I had been out of rice for a couple of days. I really needed to buy rice at that point. So I find the rice in the store. I see a bag and it said 20kg. I am not used to the metric system yet. I knew that 1 lb = 2.2kg. So in my head I did the math. So i was like oh ok, 10 lbs. I walked up the the clerk. She charged me abour 45 dollars for the bag. I didn't want to make a scene. So I bought it. I threw it over my shoulder and started walking. As I was walking, I kept saying to myself this bag is heavy for 10lbs. Then I re-did the math. It was more like 40 lbs. As I was walking away I was saying to myself. First of all you are an idiot. Second of all you are an idiot. I kept on thinking. Who buys 40lbs of rice for one person? Well at least this bag of rice will last me a very long time. I probably won't have to worry about rice.


___

The End


"Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't" almond joy


-Cezar-
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment