Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's just like riding a bicycle

This weekend was interesting just like the past couple of weekends. Lets start at where i usually start.

Friday:
The usual things happened. Work and what not was pretty much the same. I was being encouraged/forced to start making a lesson plans for my after school classes. So I had planned to take the weekend to hopefully to get something in my head to work for the classes. That didn't happen. I ended up leaving for Jeonju around 6ish and arriving around 8ish. I dropped my stuff off at a friend's house and met up with another friend. We were out until about 12 am just walking around and relaxing. It was an entertaining and relaxing friday night.

Saturday:
My friend Stan had recently acquired a scooter. We drove around in it for a while on Saturday morning. Because I felt like I needed it, I went to a spa to get a massage. Stan had informed me about a spa in the area that had a great massage place. He took me there and left me to do as I will for the time that I needed. So I got into the spa around 11ish and I got out around 1ish. The spa was pretty cool. It had 4 floors of relaxing and what not. Started out with a nice relaxing massage for about an hour. Then I proceeded to go walk around to the saunas and healing rooms. It was a very relaxing couple of hours. When I was done, I called up Stan to come get me from the spa. He picked me up and we proceeded to go back to his place. He had another appointment that he needed to be at so he left me to my own whims in his place. He gave me the keys to his scooter and told me that I can go and do what I need to do if I want. So I hop on the scooter. I didn't know how to do anything on this thing. It was my first time ever on a scooter and what not. So I get on the scooter and try to start it up. So I sat on the scooter and tried to think of how to start it. I sat on the scooter for a good 10-15 min before I figured it out. After I turned it on, the first thought in my head was, how hard could this be? So there I sat with my hand on the throttle and on the brake. I pulled back on the throttle and boom, before I knew it I was out of control and on the ground. I was tumbling and the scooter was just on it's side. I managed to wipe out in front of a group of Koreans. They asked if I was ok and I said I was. The only thing that was hurt was my ego. So I get back on the scooter. This time I didn't pull back so hard on the throttle. Once I got used to the whole situation, I was good to go. I drove it around for a while, it was pretty cool. I got back to Stan's place and I told him what happened. After 20 min of verbal abuse and general mockery, he asked if I was ok. He kept on mocking me for the whole day. I guess he could do it, cause it was his scooter that I managed to damage. Apparently I was the only person in the world to wipe out on a scooter. So after I wiped out and the general mockery, we set out to make the trail for the hash. We ended up meeting up with the rest of the hashers at what we call the batcave. So we met up with all the hasers. We had a couple of new hashers in the group so that was fun. This hash was a little different. This time around we were to run and or walk to the nearest 7/11 and buy and drink some beer before we go to the next one. We were chasing two guys who were seting the trail as we were going on it. This hash was pretty fun. So we hashed it for a while. At the end of the hash we ened up back at the batcave. I met the guy who was at Gyeokpo before me. He and I exchanged stories and tales of the area all night. We had the same stories and experiences. It was pretty cool night. We were out until 12am drinking and having fun. I met more people that made me laugh and generally all around fun. I was tempted to go out more, but with the crash and the the hash my body was all torn up.

Sunday:
A usual sunday. Stand and I were too torn up to really do anything. We grabbed breakfast and what not thats about it. We were both too tired to do anything. We ended up going to church and what not, after church I went home to get some rest. This was the day that I had planned to get some work done for the afterschool classes. That didn't happen. I ened up just laying in bed tryin to rest up.


___

The End


Apparently not all monkeys can ride a bike.


-Cezar-
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment