Monday, July 6, 2009

so little time

OK. I know I have been missing for the past couple of days. I wish I had a good excuse, but I don't. I have been so tired and burned out the past couple of days. Lately I have been burning the candle at both ends and I think its starting to meet in the middle. I have just been going to one event to another.

Last week:

Here is how last week worked out for me. It was nothing special, a regular week with nothing spectacular. I was really just looking forward to the weekend with my good friends. So the days kinda crawled by.

The weekend.

Friday was interesting. I came into Jeonju around 8:30ish and got to my friend's place by 8:45. He had a guest over, so we all ate dinner and had some good conversation. Later that night we went over to another friends place to help set up for the night after. There was a charity event that my friends were hosting and I was asked to help out as much as possible. So we went over our friend's house and we were supposed to start preparing, but we didn't. We ended up just sitting around drinking and talking and laughing most to all of the night.

Saturday:

I had been informed that there was a filipino store in Jeonju. I was given instructions on how to get there and what not by two of my friends. I got to the general area and got lost for about 30 min. I eventually find my way back to the starting point and stumble onto the area I really needed to be in. I find the filipino place and it was great. I came in and introduced myself to the owner and she fed me some good filipino food. As I ate I saw that she was holding onto a lot of filipino food. So not only did I find an awesome place to eat at, but also a place where I can buy my filipino groceries. The only issue is that the place is small and what not. So I did more shopping in the area, and went back to Stan's place to help prepare. All I needed to do for that day was to chop up som fruits and call it a day. It took me a couple of hours to actually cut the fruits up. I started around 1:30ish and finished around 5ish. The event started at 7, so I had some time to rest up. 7 rolls around kind of faster then I expected. Stan and I jump into a taxi with the rest of the food and what not and head to the event. I was told to man the bar. First of all thats not a good idea at all. So I started maning the bar. Taking tickets and serving drinks. People start to pile up and want to eat and drink. I joined them in the drinking part only. The night went off very well. There were a few minor situations, but nothing that we could not handle. People generally had fun and a good time. I had an opportunity to talk and have good conversations with people coming up to the bar. So much so that people started buying me drinks. I really appreciated that. The event ended around 11ish. I was ready to hit the town. My friends were there and wanted to blow off some steam from the night. We went out to a local bar and started drinking more. We all ended up leaving some time after to go to a club. We all started to do more debouchery there too. My night ended at the club at 4 am. I headed back to Stan's place so that I can crash on the couch. I end up sleeping around 5 am.

sunday.

I wake up promptly at 8am. The first thing I said to myself was greeeaaaat. I didn't have a hangover. I just wanted to sleep more, but my body is a wierd thing. Stan eventually wakes up around 10ish. We have a little bit of a re-count of the night and have some good laughs. We head out to meet hammer and highly strung at a local coffee shop. They stay for a while, but end up leaving early. Stan and I stay to talk to the owner and have a good laugh. As we left the shop we go to his scooter. We went to where it was parked and it was gone. Someone had stolen the scooter while we were relaxing. Let's just say that Stan was more then livid. I didn't even know that Korea had a crime problem. I had gotten used to the area so much that I had my gaurd down. Now, it's back up. I really felt bad for Stan. He had given and sacrificed so much for the charity event the night before and this happens to him. I was at a loss for words. All I could do was try to comfort him. I eventually depart his company. I get back home in time to greet my father a happy birthday. Now my father and I usually are not on the same page or note. That doesn't mean that I don't love him more then anything else. I had written him a birthday greeting on a family website and I want to share that with you today.

hey dad,

I just wanted to drop a line and wish you a happy birthday. I know its different feeling me sending my wishes to you from half way around the world. I also wanted to tell you that I miss you from the bottom of my heart. You have always been there for me as a rock. Even though you and I bump heads more then one occasion, you always have the best interests for me. I have and will always admire your strength and character. I can only hope that when I grow up I can be at least half the man you are. I don't always have a chance to say this, but I do look up to you. When ever I am in a situation, your voice is always there to guide me. I have found on several occasions that your words come out of my mouth when I give advice. Through it all dad; the good and the bad; you will always be my guiding light. You will always serve as my beacon for what type of man I should be. I appreciate everything you have done and will do in my life. Happy birthday dad, and with all the sincerity in my heart, I love you very much.



___

The End


Strength of character is tested in the fire of life.


-Cezar-
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Cezar... thank you for sharing your thoughts and letting us into your heart and mind. Me & your mom are proud of the "growth" you have done for yourself in the past months. We truly miss you and want you to be always around us but that would not be cool for your future. These experiences could only make you a stronger person and thousands of stories to tell your kids in the future! Again, we are proud of you and before I forget... your message to me on my birthday is priceless. I can pass away right now happy knowing that me & your mom have contributed to a person that you are now. WE LOVE YOU CEZAR and we will always be with you. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete