Monday, July 13, 2009

getting dirty

OK. I'm back with stories and what not. I think I have re-energized myself enough to try to get back on the horse with my writing. The time away felt wrong. I enjoyed the time off from writing, but writing provides me with a much needed outlet. I am not going to bother you with the particulars of the past week; I'll just fill you in about the weekend.

Friday:

Normal Friday. I get out of school and jump right into my place. My friends were going to wait for me. We planned to go to mud festival together so I had to rush to their town. We all eventually get together at the town and mosey to the festival. The trip looked to be about 1 and a half hours long, so good company was needed. Road trips are always interesting. We had some good conversation and some really bad music. The driver was a Korean friend of ours. It was suggested to him to download a couple songs from the mid to late 80's and the 90's. He wasn't given instructions to download the good music. He was lucky enough to catch a couple good songs, but in the majority not that good. We all made fun of him during the trip.

We eventually get to the town that we needed to be in for mud fest. And in true hasher style, there was a trail set to lead us to the pension itself. We knew the name of the place, so we ended up just asking around where it was. We stopped by many people who gave us the worst directions ever. Basically they told us to go in circles. We eventually find the place by luck. We get into the rooms at about 11ish. The rooms were empty, the other hashers decided to go to the beach and start drinking. In an effort to join them we walk to the beach to try to find them, after about an hour of walking up and down a very long beach we found no one. We call them only to find out that they went back to the pension to finish drinking. So we end up going back to the pension, and find that they decided to party in the room I was sleeping in. We sat down started drinking and talking and having our fun. They didn't leave or stop partying until about 4am.

Saturday:
Now this is where my curse of beiong able to sleep late and wake up early comes in. I wake up at 6am. I sit up and just try to figure out what to do. I figured out nothing. I showed up and started to walk around town alone so this way I can kill some time. Around 8ish I run into another hasher by the name of G.I. Hoe, thats not his real name but I don't really even know his real name. So he and I decide to start exploring and what not. We end up back at the pension around 11am-ish. People started moving around at that time. We join a couple of people in getting breakfast. After breakfast, we go to the mud fest.

Mud fest is eactly what it sounds like. People get together and play in the mud. There were stations for self painting and what not. We were in a big group when we started out but we all get separated in the crowd. G.I. Hoe and I end up walking around together agian. Now let me explain how this all works. There are different types of pits in the area. One pit, I call the pit of war, basically a large group of people mud wrestling each other. Another pit, I call the kiddy pool, where it isn't threating at all. You go into the pool of mud and just roll around to get a nice coating of mud. There are several other stations at are game like. So I dipped into the kiddy pool. I walk around get some other muds put on me and what not. Eventually we meet up with some people. Then the fun really began. I had some stuff in my pocket that I did not want to get ruined by the mud. So I asked someone to look after it while I get into the pit of war. Me and a couple of the hashers get into the pit. Mayhem instantly insues. There is an outter ring in the mud for people to take a break or a breather and the inner ring where people get tossed around. I instantly get into the meat of the ring. I start getting tossed around and what not. People tripping me or lounging at me, and I do the same. The best part was; after you take someone down we have a laugh give a handshake and proceed to try to take other people down.

I am some where in the middle of this crowd of mayhem. If you look at the bottom right of the picture you can see an example of the type of fun people have in the pit.

That's me after G.I. Hoe decided to give me a nice swift leg sweep.
That's me again trying to take a breather in the outer ring.

We all played in the mud until about 3ish. The hash started at 4pm so we wanted to get ready for it. I end up taking a shower at my place and yeah. There was mud everywhere. We all meet up outside of the pension and wait for the trail to be set. I am not going to bore you with the details of the trail. Basically we ran up and down a mountain full of thorns and other dangerous plant life.

Most of the town from one point on the trail.

I eventually finish the trail with my friends. We have BBQ and beers. Then after that we hold the hash circle and talk about the events of the trail and what not. We sing songs and have fun at the night. I ended up leaving the group at the end of the circle. Some friends from another town were in the fest too. I met up with them for a different type of fun. The hashers party hard, I wanted a more toned down personal hangout session with good people. We hung out for a while and had many many laughs. I end the night with them at 1am. I truly had fun with the Iksanians. They are a good group of kids with my type of humor and personality. I miss all of them when I am not hanging out with them. So, I get back to my room. I find all hashers semi alseep. I get to my spot on the floor and proceed to wake everyone with the noise I make. We all proceed to talk and make jokes and for some reason start singing the Oscar mayer bologna song together. We do that for a while until about 2 am.

Sunday:
Nothing to tell here. It started to monsoon in the area. The rain was really bad. Ironically no one wants to play in the mud while its raining. Three of my friends who decided to camp out on the beach for the weekend got rained out. Their tents actually got destroyed in the rain and wind. They ended up coming to the the pension for a shower and to try to find some clean dry clothes they can borrow. We all chip in some clothes. No one wanted to go play in the mud in the rain so we grab breakfast then head home. I eventually get home at 4pm to try to rest. I had no engergy for anything, but i had to do my laundry and what not. I couldn't cook so I bought food.


___

The End


To have fun, sometimes you have to pretend to be a kid.


-Cezar-
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. good read, ceas!

    that mudfest mustve been a dream come true for ya. shirtless guys everywhere! woooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cezar... you are having so much fun... its making me nervous! I can only dream to do what you are doing now...

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. miss you and that pic of you with the mud is one of the best...yet still not better then the happy dance photo!!!

    ReplyDelete