Monday, July 27, 2009

What's in a name?

Ok. The past week has been kind of nutty. Summer sessions have started for me. I have been teaching the kids by myself in the English room. This is really the first time that I have the opportunity to teach the kids all by myself. It has been a fun experience. I really need to find ways to make the class more interesting and fun for the kids. The best part of the days is when it's over. My day ends at or around 12:10 everyday. That gives me a lot of time for and to myself. I have taken the opportunity to connect with my inner beach bum. I have been sleeping and swimming at the beach for nearly a week. The only issue that has come to my attention is the various sea life that shares the waters. It has become very clear to me that there are jellyfish in the water. I have come close on several occasions to making contact. I have no desire whatsoever to touch one. So recently my desire to jump into the water has been defeated by my fear of being stung. This phobia has become quite a problem for me. I truly enjoy the water, but now I do not enjoy it as much. When I am in the water I try to keep aware of my surroundings and that takes away from my relaxing time. I need to find an alternative to the beach now.

Now for my weekend recap.


Friday:

I get out of work around 12:10. I decided to go to the beach for a couple of hours before I go into Jeonju. I stayed on the beach until around 4pm ish. The bus ride was nothing special, it was a regular 2 hour ride into town. I get into Stan's place pretty early, he left me his keys so I can get into his apartment. He eventually gets in and we wind down and relax a bit. We head out to a spa to meet up with a couple of friends. Ruveena and Kevin had already made it to the spa. We go and grab some time at the saunas and grab some food. We were out until about 12am ish. The only problem was I was feeling a little sick. My throat was killing me and I had a viscous cough that really wasn't going away at all.

Saturday:

My sickness still hadn't gone away. There was going to be a hash this day and I wasn't up for it. I had found out the night before that this would be my 5th hash and I was to be named this day IF I were to hash. I was determined to do this hash in order to acquire my name. The day started off ok. There were a couple of clouds in the sky, it felt somewhat ominous. I shrug it off because my concerns were for conquering my sickness. My throat was so much in pain that I could not drink or eat. I spent most to all of the morning drinking tea or trying to sooth my aches. I had high hopes for that day because a group of Hashers from Seoul were coming down for the day for this particular hash. These hopes of the hash quickly got dashed because the rain had come in and it was angry. The Hammer had planned to set a dead trail, but the rain had other plans. In true hasher spirit we decided to go on with the hash itself. We all lucked out because the rain gave way for us to have trail. One of the hashers from jeonju volunteered to set trail while we follow 20 min behind. His name is Flash Me Nicely. So Flash ran the trail, but it was his first real trail that he set. We all followed trail and got lost. We got so lost, that at mid point we decided to get off trail and go to the end point directly. There were a couple of people that made it through the hash fully. By the time they made it to the bar most of us were already half into the tank. They eventually catch up to us. We all start talking and laughing. Sharing stories and jokes about each other. Start bonding as all hashers do. Some catch wind about my naming ceremony so they start probing me about my life and what not. I answer all questions honestly. Eventually the hash circle forms. All the traditions are taken place, but the management asked us to pick up the pace. The Virgins are dispatched quickly and what not. The main event was my naming. More questions about me were asked, mostly embarrassing ones. One girl was telling a story how she constantly drank a drink called "ceasar" in Canada and how good it was. In reply to make it funny, I said I go down easy. All laugh out loud. We continue with throwing names out. Eventually we finish and review all the names and then vote. At the end it came down to only one name "Goes Down Easy". I couldn't of asked for a better name. We all continue the night with more debauchery. There was a live show with a rock bands from different areas. Some hashers stay and others leave for more. We all end up going to clubs and parting for most of the night. We end up out until about 4am.

Sunday:

Southside wanted to do a hash. They started trail around the express bus terminal in Jeonju. Some go and some stay. I came to say my farethewells to the hashers. It was a nice treat for me to see them in the area and for me to hash with them. I just planned to say hi and bye, but got pulled into some bsing and what not. I spent about and hour or so just talking and having a good time with them. I eventually depart from their company. Good times were to be had by all.


___


The End


Slow and steady wins the race.


-Cezar-
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment