Tuesday, July 28, 2009

To the Grind

Ah the weekdays. This is payment for a fun weekend. The hard weekdays make me appreciate the weekends so much more. I really enjoy my time with my friends, being with my friends reminds me of being home. The time I spend with my friends also lets me be me, I don't get much time for that now a days. It is a welcome relief and really lets me break out of my rut from that week. That is about all what I have for the past week. I have been focused on my upcoming vacation. By the way, for all of my readers and what not, I will be away for two weeks. These two weeks I plan to take a break from everything. That means I will not be writing in my blogs. I do want to take the time to thank those who actually read my blogs on a semi-regular basis. I will miss writing, but I will keep a pen an pad handy. I will log into that once in a while. The logs that I choose will make it into my blogs. For today's exercise I will do something that I do best, talk about food.

Fried Chicken

It seems to be lightly fried. The coloring of the chicken is a light brown almost golden color. The skin looks light and crispy. I could feel the heat still rising off of the chicken itself, almost as if it was just taken out of the fryer. There is an aroma that emanates from the chicken itself. The smell seems to speak as if welcoming you to devour it in one smooth motion. I am tempted to eat it, but how it looks and smells, it almost seems to be a shame to eat it at all. I take a step back from the chicken and take a deep breath it. This breath takes me into memories of childhood and eating chicken with my family. I eventually take a bite into the meat. The first thing bitten into is a combination of meat and skin. The skin crackles sounds like a melody of random sounds that keeps on inviting you to eat more. Then the taste of the meat hits my tongue. Just like the skin, instead of sound it is flavor. The combination of sauce and meat create a sensation of hot, sweet, sour and several other flavors that enhance the experience. The meat tastes of a musical symphony, it is a delicate balance that seems to have been done almost on purpose. In an instant I am consumed by an urge to eat this tender morsel of meat. Then in that same instance I have eaten it all. It was an experience, almost religious in nature.



___


The End



The best food is usually eaten fast for your soul.



-Cezar-
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Cezar... for a while I saw that crispy brown chicken in front of me exactly how you so well described it.

    ReplyDelete