Wednesday, May 27, 2009

this blog is brought to you by the number 3 and the letter C

I have recently acquired some private tutoring time with a couple of children. It is really nothing big, but the pay is well worth it. I still don't know what to teach the kids. I guess all of that will come with time. I have decided for now to try to teach basic ideas of English. That means I have to really think about English and the uses of it.

The one thing that I have really come to appreciate is the English language. The more I teach it, the more I see how complex it really is. As I am trying to learn the Korean language too, I realize how much of a gap there is. The nice thing about me trying to learn Korean is that I see what the children go through. I understand their frustration and amazement of the new language. I know what they struggle with as far as language goes. I am always questioning why they do things and how things came about, the answers are usually just because. That is what I tell the children sometimes, just because. Again I find myself ranting, that is a nice little theme I have now a days.

I know this update is kind of short in comparison to my other ones. The truth is that nothing really new has happened, but I promised every other day so here I am.

So the lesson of the day. A new challenge is in front of me, I am excited to see how i react and grow from this.


___

The End


Sometimes you can teach an old dog a new trick


-Cezar-
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment