Thursday, May 21, 2009

insert witty title

I find myself at an impasse. I find myself struggling at my progress. I never really fancied myself as a real writer. I never really saw myself as a serious scribe of the world. There seems to be a little part of me that wants to do and be more. I don't really know to make progress as one would do in this field. Do I want to try to sound smarter? I have always believed that sounding smart and having the actual intellect is quite a difference. I really don't know. I often find myself at a fork. As with all my life decisions, I really just let things happen as they may. I am not one to plot or plan for any foreseeable situations. I also find myself struggling about what to write and how to write it. As I re-read all my past logs, I see my flaws of story telling. Even now I find myself trying not to make the same mistakes, yet habits are hard to break. I know that stories need and want to bring the reader into a world of that particular event, I find my stories lacking. Maybe I lack the verbal and intellectual capacity to actually write a story that really brings you into the journey. Then again, I am not writing stories, as they are experiences. But aren't these experiences just another form of a story; shouldn't these stories involve the reader? I don't know. Maybe it is me being self aware of my flaws as a writer. I don't even know if I can call myself that without, actual writers of the past turning in their graves. Do I really want to pursue the perfect story? Should I keep writing as is? Can there be more? Can I be more?

Some time ago, when I was young and foolish, I thought of myself as a writer. I would always try to write down my thoughts and ideas. When I was in school, I found myself happy to write essays about stuff that I had no idea about. I always found a way to comment on life. I always saw myself as someone that stood outside of the crowd and looked in the window. I thought of myself as an observer of life not a participant. Is that what it takes to be a writer? I don't know if I always enjoyed writing. It was always just something I did for fun or out of boredom. Even now I write because I am bored, but I also feel a sense of freedom. This is a world that I can be me. I can truly express who I am and what I think. I always put on a facade of a goofy unknowing kid. Here I can be who I truly wish to be. I can be a well spoken and unlighted person. I can step outside of the person I project and be the person I want to be. That is a relief. I don't pose as a smart person, or something that I am not.

In today's post I think I will actually air myself out. This post will be more for myself then anyone else.

I don't think I have much experience in life, yet I always find myself giving advice. I don't fancy myself as an intellectual, yet I find myself roaming the halls of wise men. I think I can explain who I am in a couple of words, a planned spontaneous oxymoron. As I write this blog I am thinking about my younger days in college. I never saw myself as a well read or experienced person, but I always found myself as someone who always gave advice. I didn't give advice when it wasn't wanted, friends would seek me out to ask, and for some reason I always had an answer. I always found that odd. I never really told them that I didn't have too much life experience, and I never did. I have helped people out of situations that I have never been in my life, and it all worked out. I also found myself in leadership positions. I never thought of myself as a take charge person, I am by all means not. I am not one to jump head first or run in front of the pack. I would always be in a group. Someone takes charge and before I know it I'm in charge. I ended up delegating and ordering people, and they seemed to follow my lead. I never really understood why that happened.

There are many mysteries in my life. Things happen to me and for me at different times. I always accept it for what it is and move on. I think one day I will find my answers to my questions. I am not going to look for the answers. Knowing how my life usually works out; the answers will present themselves to me. Again. I find myself rambling on.

I also wanted to thank those who actually read my posts. I would love to read comments and hear from you.


____

The End

I am who I am for the sake of those who need me to be me.

-Cezar-
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. what up cezar - nice blog dude..sounds like you're doing well there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like the university of life is making you learn good stuffs. we are all rooting for you cezar! keep those good life experiences coming

    ReplyDelete