Monday, February 22, 2010

Sea Sick

It seems to me that every time that I go anywhere for a long time I get sick before hand. About 2 weeks ago I started preparations for my departure of South Korea. My contract is ending at the end of the month; so I decided to go to Japan. Japan had been on my top to go places in my life for a very long time. So my friends and I buy tickets to go. I was super excited for it. I am a big fan of almost anything Japanese.

A couple days before I left for Japan I had started going out with my co-workers. I wanted to treat them to dinner and what not, it was great. We sat and ate a meal and drank some beers. Then they in turn decided to take me out 2 days in a row for food. They fed me raw fish. I was not surprised at the food. I had been eating it for quite some time now, and I actually enjoyed it. I had no suspicion or fear of the food whatsoever. I was wrong. Two days before my flight it all caught up to me. I spent at least 24 hours near my bathroom. It had been the worst feeling ever.

I did not want to miss my opportunity to go to Japan. So I proceeded with my plan. The day before my flight I went to Jeonju. I had to run a whole list of errands. I kept on doing what I needed to do with my sickness. I powered through the day til about mid afternoon. Once I got to my friends place, I needed to sleep. So I did, I slept until I had to leave for the airport. I just wished that my sickness would go away by that time.

5:00am rolls around. My bus was supposed to leave at 5:30 am; so I woke up and found myself in a better mood. I had gotten over my sickness. So I hopped out of bed and made my way to the bus terminal. I figured that because of the weather and of the holiday that there would be traffic going to the airport. My flight wouldn't leave until 2:30pm. The bus usually takes about 3 or so hours to get there. With my luck, there was no traffic at all. I got there super fast. I ended up getting to the airport 4 hours before my flight.

So I sat in the airport waiting for my counter to open up. I wanted to eat, but I was still a bit sick. So I could only do fluids. I sat and waited until my counter opened. Luckily I ran into my friends. They were leaving on an earlier flight then I was. I had a quick conversation with them and what not. my counter opened up not too long after that. I breeze through security and everything. I sat there just waiting for my flight to take off.

I will continue the story of Japan soon.


___


The End


You are what you eat


-Cezar-
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment