Monday, February 1, 2010

The Final Countdown

Wow. That all I can really say. A year has past and gone in a blink of an eye. I still remember this time last year I was trying to get all of my paperwork ready for my new adventure. It's funny how when you are nearing the end of a journey you remember all the small details.

It seems like I am talking more about my time here as it closes to an end. Last year I was talking about the excitement of the prospect of coming here. There are so many aspects to the experience that I cannot really explain.

Throughout the whole year I have been telling you tales of my big adventures. I think it was the small ones that really made my stay more memorable. The small moments that really made me appreciate everything.

Recently I was at a bar with my friends. There was a stranger at the bar that none of us knew. Most of the foreigners know each other; so when there is a new guy we welcome them into the group. He and I spoke for several minutes about my experiences here in Korea. At one point he told me that I showed a good amount of determination because of my situation. He actually shook my hand and bought me a beer. Moments like that really made me appreciate my experiences here in Korea.

Don't worry. This isn't my goodbye blog. I have plenty of more days left. I have more adventures to embark upon. I will start working on my goodbye blog separately.
Until then it's officially 27 days until I come home.


___


The End


Life is a series of moments, choose yours.


-Cezar-
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment