Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tokyo Knights

We left our adventuring filipino friend at the airport.

The flight was nothing spectacular, it was a normal trip from A to B. My excitement built up from the moment of take off. I landed at Narita airport and I was super excited. To my surprise, the airplane did not land into the terminal itself. I had to take a bus into the terminal. I was laughing to myself the whole way there. I was the first one out of the bus and into the terminal. I walked through a gauntlet of escalators and walkways before I saw the sign that simply said "Welcome to Japan".

It was this simple sign that really kicked off my adventure into Japan. I then ran through the gauntlet that is known as immigration. I finally get into the welcoming area and make my way to where I needed to go. I hop into a train heading into the town that I was staying at with my friends.

Two of my friends had arrived about 2 hours earlier than me. So I quickly checked into the hotel that we were all staying at. They had gone ahead into town. Tokyo is a big town, so I didn't expect to see them at all. I decided to walk around town alone. I wanted to take in the situation and moment of where I was. I had a long trip and what not. I was still feeling a little sick from the days before, but I was hungry. I wanted to eat and the first thing that hit my nose was the haunting aroma of falafels. I ordered and ate the food. As I made quick work of the food I made conversation with one of the workers finding out about the area. He informed me about the areas and what not.

I left him with many thanks. As I walked around town, I saw out of the corner of my eye that my friends were eating in a restaurant. So I surprised them with a my presence. We sat and enjoyed some sake and beers. We walked around for some time waiting for our other friends to arrive. They had taken a flight a couple hours after us. They didn't arrive until around 11pm.

I would love to bore you more with the gory details. There was so much to say and tell about Japan. I could sit here for days and write about the big and small details of my adventure there.

To sum it all up. The first couple days I was running around. Literally running around. The four days I spent in Japan felt like ten days. We spent so much time just going to different towns and areas. We saw all the touristy stuff and some not. We found some amazing food, especially ramen. I tasted the amazing creations that Japan made of ramen. It was so great that Japan has officially ruined me for any type of ramen ever. I saw some amazing sights. I met some amazing people. Tokyo was just great.

To be continued in Kyoto...


___


The End


Godzilla!


-Cezar-
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment