Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Seriously?!?

OK. The past post was about my first day which was Saturday. Sunday is now the topic. My friend Holly had found out that I was home. She was sneaky enough to find out that I was coming home. She and I had conspired to surprise her husband, one of my best friends, with me being home. When I spoke to her before I left she and I agreed to 6pm on Sunday night. So I had the whole day to kinda mess around. I told my brother to help me surprise my cousins. He told them that he was going to drop off something to them around 2:30ish. So that was set into motion. My parents and I spent the morning together. We had breakfast, went to church and then went to eat lunch together. It was nice family time together. 2pm-ish rolls around and I head off to my cousins house. I pull up and prepare myself. I walk up to the door and ring the bell. I hear some commotion inside and the door slowly opens. My cousin Erika opens the door. She looks at me with a blank stare. There was a long pause and a big grin on her face. The first words out of her mouth was "no way!" She kept on repeating those words over and over, for what seemed to be 5 minutes. Everyone was in separate rooms so no one knew what was going on. Eventually everyone started to come to see what was all the fuss. Their reactions were the same as my parents. A lot of crying, hugging and disbelief. I sat down with them and had a late lunch. I told stories and accounts of my experiences in South Korea. I spent a couple of hours just talking and having fun with them. Then I was was off to Holly's house. She had called me to see where I was. I informed her of my status and she told me to rush over asap. I leave my cousin's house and drive off to my friend's house. The husband had dropped them off from the shore back to their house so that he can get some groceries. So I ring the door bell and she answered the door. Once the door opened she jumped out and hugged me and welcomed me back. I walk into the house and say hello to some of the members of family who were visiting. So I waited until the husband came home. Then she received a phone call that one of our mutual friends was coming over. I told him several times over of my fake plans, so he was also under the assumption that I was not home. He rings the bell and I answer the door. All I see is a smirk on his face and disbelieve in his eyes. The first words were "I thought you were supposed to be in the Philippines." I told him that I lied. We laugh about it for a little bit. He comes in and we all wait for Chris. Then it happened. He called to say that he was going to be home soon. I run to get a light saber that he and I have. I wait behind the door. He walks in and I jump out with the light saber. His first words were "oh, hey." Then he proceeds to bring the groceries into the house. He gives me a quick hug and laughs it off. We spend the night laughing and telling tale. My jet lag was getting the better of me so I had to leave the place a little early.


That was my Sunday, there is much more to come.



___


The End



Liar liar pants on fire.


-Cezar-
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment