Tuesday, January 5, 2010

This isn't Kansas at all!

The last time we left our Filipino hero he was on the airplane.

I was super excited. I was ready to put the past couple of hours behind me. I had only 4 hours until I arrived in the Philippines. I really couldn't sleep so I worked on my book. I put more pages and added more stories to the book. The next thing I knew I was in the Philippines already. I expected the Philippines to be hot, but not too hot. I thought I could survive for a few moments with my jacket on. I was dead wrong. The moment I stepped off the plane I started sweating. I started to undress myself, by the time I reached the baggage claim I only had a shirt and jeans on.

I quickly exchanged my money and bought a sim card for the Philippines. I was greeted by some family friends at the arrival department. We take off to their house. The details of my Christmas and the first few days in the Philippines. The one detail that one would need to know is that the weather was amazing. Beautiful blue skies and a warm to hot breeze on my face everyday.

I hung out with new friends and old ones for Christmas day. I traveled around town and really just enjoyed myself.

Since my travels abroad; I really have felt somewhat out of place. The people I have met and the experiences I have had so far have been great. The one thing that the Philippines offered me a comfort. I had been apart from the Philippines for a long time. I have been back several times over with my family, but this time it was different. It was my first real time being there by myself without the supervision of my parents and family. I have felt a strong connection and bond with the Philippines all of my life, and it did not go away. I cannot really explain what I was feeling about it all, but it was a good feeling all together. Even in the times where I did nothing at all, I still felt like it was a great experience all together.

That is it for now. That is my Christmas story. I will tell you of my New years story tomorrow. There is much more to tell and show.

To be continued...


___


The End


Home sweet home.


-Cezar-
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment