Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Torn

So I left Manila on the 27th. I had planned to go to Bagiuo for one night and stay for most of the next day. So I did. I played and talked with my cousins for the whole night. My little cousin, 5 years old, had become obsessed with Micheal Jackson. He started to dance and sing for the whole family entertaining us for hours.

I after the day was done, I traveled to Cabanatuan. I was very excited. I was going to see all of my family again. I was going to be able to finally just relax with them. I will not tell you all the gory details. I saw all of my family. I had a lot of fun. I ate way too much food. I shot off some fireworks. I shot off some guns. I went and had tons of fun. I was able to blow off steam and reconnect with my family and my roots.


my family


though it may be small it packs a punch

The whole experience was just amazing. The people I met. The places I visited. The things I did. The things I saw. I cannot escape the feeling of longing for my homeland. I will always have a special place for my family and for my homeland. The Philippines is a place where I have never really felt out of place. I understand that they see me as American, because the way I walk and carry myself. I really throw that aside, because in my heart I will always be a true Filipino.


___


The End


Home is where the heart is.


-Cezar-
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment